As we wait for Serious Sam: Planet Badass, Croteam just finished up the fan-powered project Serious Sam Classics: Revolution — which unifies Serious Sam Classic: The First Encounter and Serious Sam Classic: The Second Encounter.
The team behind Alligator Pit was supposed to remaster and unify the two games all on their own but, due to unforeseen circumstances, Croteam was forced to step in and complete Serious Sam Classics: Revolution.
Predictably, the wave-based, adrenaline-boosting shooter already received very positive reviews — like almost all Croteam games.
For those of you not familiar with the Serious Sam franchise, imagine being put in a body of a badass warrior who has a tendency to dish out cliche one-liners in a tower defense game — but instead of managing towers against a wave of monsters, you do all the work yourself from a first-person shooting perspective. Every time you enter an area you are greeted with waves of monsters increasing in ferocity and variety. Once you clear them all out, the next area is unlocked.
Of course, alongside being efficient at killing goofy creatures, you also have to cleverly manage your power-ups, armor, health, and ammo — a very simple concept but exceedingly addictive and intense.
Serious Sam Classics: Revolution doesn’t just compress the two games into one.
Here is what is in the Serious Sam Classics: Revolution package:
- Serious Sam Classic: The First Encounter
- Serious Sam Classic: The Second Encounter
- New survival and multiplayer modes
- Eight new campaign maps
- New enemies and one new epic boss
- Running on upgraded Serious Engine 1 that is compatible with 64-bit operating systems
- Steamworks integration, advanced graphics shader support, and Serious Editor and Modeler
- All online Steam features — including achievements, leaderboards, cloud sync for saves, controller support, etc.
All of that for under $10! Not bad considering you will be getting dozens of hours of sweatsoaked action.
What do you think of Serious Sam? Let us know in the comments below!
Images courtesy of Steam.