Microsoft regularly releases updates for its Xbox One. Often times, these updates add more useful features to the home console. The latest, which is rolling out today, has added updates for Xbox Game Pass and Xbox Skill for Alexa.
Xbox Game Pass and Xbox Skill for Alexa Updates
If your Xbox One is set to Instant On, the following updates will likely be available to you the next time you boot up your console:
- The ability to make a list of Xbox Game Pass games for you to play at a later date. This feature is appropriately called “Play Later.”
- Xbox Skill for Alexa has been made available in Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Mexico, and Spain.
- Users can now ask the console’s voice assistant about what is new in the Xbox Game Pass subscription service.
The download size of the update is reportedly minimal.
July's Xbox One update adds new Xbox Game Pass features.https://t.co/Y41oEfjuOq
— Windows Central Gaming (@WCGamingTweets) July 8, 2019
We at Joystickr are particularly excited about the Play Later feature, as there are a wealth of games in the Game Pass catalog we want to play — if only there was more time!
Play Later? You Better Play These Games Now!
While Play Later is an exciting new feature, there may be some games on Microsoft’s subscription gaming service that you want to play right now — that is, because they are leaving very soon.
The following games are leaving Xbox Game Pass on their respective dates this month:
- Aftercharge (today)
- Warhammer Vermintide 2 (July 10)
- LEGO Movie: The Videogame (July 16)
- Dandara (July 31)
- Dead Rising 2 (July 31)
- Hitman Season 1 (July 31)
- Metal Slug XX (July 31)
- Defense Grid: The Awakening (July 31)
- Hexic 2 (July 31)
- Iron Brigade (July 31)
The most notable games leaving the subscription service are, in our opinion, Dead Rising 2 and Hitman Season 1 — both of which are leaving on July 31.
What do you think of the new Play Later feature for Xbox Game Pass? What about the additions to Xbox Skill for Alexa? Let us know your thoughts on the latest update in the comments below!
Images courtesy of Xbox Media Library, Twitter/@WCGamingTweets, InspiredImages from Pixabay.